Top 5 Things to Do This JanuaryPosted: January 5, 2012
After taking December off because between the shopping, work parties, family get-togethers, and last minute shopping, there is enough to do before the holidays, Chicago Belt Co. has the top 5 things to do this month. So New Years is over, there are still plenty of great things to do to celebrate the New Year. These include:
1.) If your new years resolution was to exercise more you have four more days of “free gym week.” Call or stop into that gym you’ve been considering joining to see if they are participating.
2.) Take advantage of the cold by ice skating. Such a fun date night idea! Here are some places you can go if you are in the Chicago Area:
– Millennium Park, 55 N. Michigan Ave., on Sundays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– John Hancock Building and Observatory, 875 N. Michigan Ave., Daily 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Winter Wonderfest @ Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Ends January 8)
– Rink @ Wrigley, 1100 W. Addison St., Sundays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
– Daley Bicentennial Plaza Ice Skating, 337 E. Randolph St., Weekdays 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
3.) Make your own pizza at Pizza Persona . Customized you 10-inch pizza or calzone crust, sauce, and toppings or select one of their 5 favorite pizzas. If you are craving something sweet you can even create your own dessert pizza!
4.) Watch a game at The Scout Waterhouse and Kitchen in Lincoln Park. It is a reasonably priced modern sports bar in the South Loop. During the weekends there is a DJ, but most of the week this is the perfect low key place to have great food and watch a game.
5.) Tap into your inner “Mad Men” self and go to The HighBall Lounge in River North. This is the ultimate throwback to the 1950s and ’60s complete with specialty highballs and cocktails, lustrous booths, and a retro vibe.
What are your plans for January? Let us know & thanks for stopping by!